I am a San Francisco Bay Area native who specializes in providing nurturing, connective, therapeutic massage, and doula services. I have been a birth doula for 10 years and feel very fortunate that I am so passionate about my work and that I found it at such a young age. My work continues to inspire me to this day and I can't imagine doing anything else.
My road to massage began after taking a Doulas of North America training in 2007. After completing my Doula certification I enrolled in Alive and Well! The Institute of Conscious Bodywork in Marin County. I completed my massage training in 2008 and have been working as a bodyworker ever since. After massage school, I worked as a massage therapist at The Mindful Body in San Francisco from 2009-2015, focusing on prenatal massage in particular, as well as with a wide variety of clients, including athletes, yogis, and San Francisco's tech community.
Currently, I have turned my massage therapy career into a private practice. Which is just a dream come true. I work out of an in-home massage studio where I can see massage clients. It is through my work as a doula and midwife's apprentice, supporting women and their partners during natural childbirth, that I have come to realize the value of deep integrative massage for pain relief, relaxation, and introspection.
I hold a Bachelors of Science in Molecular Cell Biology from Dominican University of California. I am currently studying to be a Certified Professional Midwife and a Licensed California Midwife through The National Midwifery Institute. When I am not studying, or working, I love to practice yoga, ride my bike, rock climb, and play Balinese gamelan with my friends at Gamelan Sekar Jaya.
THE FOUNDATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF MIDWIFERY
- I was fortunate to became a board member for FAM in the Spring of 2016. FAM has granted more than $1,000,000 to more than 30 programs since its first grant in 2003. Program areas include critical research on the midwifery model of care and training programs for those serving vulnerable populations of birthing women, public education campaigns to college students and policy makers, and capacity building for midwifery education and licensing organizations. Get involved and become a BIRTH TRUST PROGRAM TODAY!
EVERY MOTHER COUNTS
- I am currently a running ambassador for EVERY MOTHER COUNTS, which is a non-profit organization.
- Their mission statement is: DEDICATED TO MAKING PREGNANCY AND CHILDBIRTH SAFE FOR EVERY MOTHER. WE INFORM, ENGAGE, AND MOBILIZE NEW AUDIENCES TO TAKE ACTIONS AND RAISE FUNDS THAT SUPPORT MATERNAL HEALTH PROGRAMS AROUND THE WORLD. If you are interested in running a race with me in support of Every Mother Counts, please get in touch with me!
GAMELAN SEKAR JAYA
- I have been a musician with Sekar Jaya since 2010 and was even lucky enough to go on GSJ's 35th anniversary tour to Bali!
- Gamelan Sekar Jaya is a sixty-member company of musicians and dancers, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, specializing in the performing arts of Bali. Come check out one of our fantastic shows!